Can we use givezooks to process donations from our existing ‘donate’ button on our website?
In addition to publishing specific campaigns, wish lists, and grassroots fundraising pages, creating a general donations page (called ‘Support <organization name>’) can save money and make your job easier. If you currently have a 'donate' button of some kind on your organization's website, linking that button to a General Donations Campaign makes it easier to promote and manage general donations and eliminates the need to process donations separately.
You can link your givezooks General Donations page to any existing ‘donate’ text or images on your website, or you can create new buttons or widgets in givezooks in no time.
How to create a General Donations campaign:
- From your organization dashboard select ‘New Campaign.’
- Enter a name for the campaign - 'Support <organization name>' ‘General Donations,’ or similar.
- Complete the campaign profile fields with appropriate information.
- Select ‘Create’ at the bottom of the page.
- On the Campaign Dashboard complete any tasks that remain on the checklist and select ‘Launch Campaign.’
How to link your from your organization’s website to the General Donations Campaign or directly to the donation process:
From your campaign dashboard, select ‘Widgets’
Create a banner widget, tab widget, or both.
Copy the code and paste it in the HTML of your website.
- From your campaign public page select ‘Get a button to link to this fundraiser.’
- Copy the code from a button and paste it in the html of your website.
Existing Text (hyperlinks) on your website:
From your campaign public page select ‘Get a link to send to friends.’
Copy the link, select the desired text in your website publisher, and paste the link.
- Choose an ‘end date’ for the Donation general in the distant future.
- Choose a general name for this campaign (Support <OrganizationName>, General Fund, Capital Needs, etc...)
- Because different people are drawn to different visual elements, create multiple ways for supporters to get from your site to the the donation process - use tab widgets, banner widgets, and text links.