You have the ability to void any transaction.
Voiding a transaction does several things:
1) It subtracts the transaction amount from all of your totals and thermometers.
2) The transaction will show up in the “Voids” view on the Transactions table
3) The transaction will no longer show up in the “All Valid” view on the Transactions table
Please note, voiding a transaction will NOT issue a refund to your donor. If you would like to issue a refund to your donor, you will need to do it outside of givezooks (i.e. write them a check or issue them a refund through your merchant provider’s virtual terminal).
To void a transaction:
1. Find the campaign that you would like to Void a transaction for.
2. From the Campaign Dashboard select “Transactions.”
3. From the Transactions table, locate the transaction that you would like to Void.
4. Select the red “X” next to the transaction that you would like to Void.
5. After hitting the red “X”, you will see the dialog below.
6. If you would like to alert the donor (via email) that you are voiding their transaction, simply check the box next to “Notify Donor.” If you check this box, you will be given the opportunity to edit the email before it is sent to the donor.
7. Select “Confirm” to complete the void.
8. To see all of the voided transactions for this campaign, simply select “Voids” above the transaction table.