How do I establish different payment methods for our supporters?
You can configure your event so that supporters can purchase tickets
by either paying online with a credit card or sending a check.
Supporters can make a donation to your organization by online credit
card, check by mail, stock transfer, wire transfer or pledge.
- First, select 'Receipt Setup' from the Events menu on the left side of your Event Dashboard.
are two sections, one for defining the payment methods that you will
accept for Tickets and the other to define the payment methods that you
will accept for Donations.
- For Tickets, you can choose 'Credit Card' or 'Check by Mail' as payment methods.
- For Donations,
you can choose from 'Credit Card', 'Check by Mail, 'Stock Transfers',
'Wire Transfers', 'Pledges'. Based on
what the donor chooses, they will be limited to the Ticket Purchase
payment methods, if their transaction includes a ticket purchase.
can add 'Special Instructions' for each payment. Special Instructions
are displayed at the end of the donation process and provide the donor
with information about the completing the donation.
Next you can setup specific Thank You emails that will automatically be sent to the donor or registrant.
How do I enter donations that have already been made or tickets that have already been sold?
If you do happen to get a donation offline, or sell a ticket offline,
you can still account for it by entering the transaction. You may want
to do this so that the available tickets listed online is correct and
also if you want to have a complete 'Registrations' report. It may also
be helpful when sending reminders.
- First, select 'Offline Transactions' from the Events menu on the left side of your Event Dashboard
- You will get a form that has two sections 'Payer details' and Transaction details'.
the 'Payer details' section add donors contact information. You
can input their email and it will allow you send the donor a
confirmation email and it will also update their contact information in
your 'Address Book'.
- In the 'Transaction details' section add specific details about the transaction.
- Finally, make sure you save the information by clicking the 'Continue' button. If you have setup any Guest question you will be directed to fill those out at this point.
How do I void transactions?
You have the ability to void any transaction.
Voiding a transaction does several things:
1) It subtracts the transaction amount from all of your totals
2) The transaction will show up in the “Voids” view on the Transactions table
3) The transaction will no longer show up in the “All Valid” view on the Transactions table
Please note, voiding a transaction will NOT issue a refund to your donor. If you would like to issue a refund to your donor, you will need to do it outside of givezooks (i.e. write them a check or issue them a refund through your merchant provider’s virtual terminal).
To void a transaction:
1. Find the event that you would like to Void a transaction for.
2. From the Event Dashboard select “Transactions.”
3. From the Transactions table, locate the transaction that you would like to Void.
4. Select the red “X” next to the transaction that you would like to Void.
5. After hitting the red “X”, you will see the dialog below.
6. If you would like to alert the donor (via email) that you are voiding their transaction, simply check the box next to “Notify Buyer.” If you check this box, you will be given the opportunity to edit the email before it is sent to the donor.
7. Select “Confirm” to complete the void.
8. To see all of the voided transactions for this event, simply select “Voids” above the transaction table.